Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014

“Oh God of second chances and new beginnings, here I am again.” - Nancy Spiegelberg


If there ever was a quote for me, this would be it. 

I have always looked at the New Year with a little anticipation, a little dread, and mostly optimism for what the next year will bring.

2013 was a great year for us.  The kids survived a year of school and then started another one.  We learned, re-learned, practiced, tried, failed and worked our way through football, homework, pre-school, church and life at home.  We Hub and the boys, tackled and removed one nasty cactus that I'm truly convinced was Satan in plant form.

It was an especially good year in football.  This was J's last year in little league and his team won the championship.  It capped a great season for him.  I hope he takes the lessons he's learning in football and applies them to his life.  He's such an amazing young man.

T  had a year where the sports glory eluded him.  He never gave up though and I'm in awe of is resiliency and his desire to try new things.  I hope he too, takes those lessons and applies them to his life.  I feel like he's right on the edge of some very great stuff.  

It was a good year for Hub's team as well.  They also won their championship and it capped an amazing year.  I'm absolutely grateful for the football family we have.  Now if we could get him in a job he enjoys...

Lu has grown leaps and bounds.  She is mastering and learning and discovering.  She's a brave girl and remains sweetly stubborn.

Then there's me.  

Why is it when I think of myself I think of the long list of things I am not?


I'm so very not at so very many things, and I so very want to be much more.  

More in control, more organized, more patient, more kind, just to name a few.

Just. More.

I'm determined to get there.

2014 is going to be a good year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment