Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pieces of Me - Part One

Here's a few facts about me.

I'm an only child or the oldest of 3 depending on which parent we're referring to.

I'm white, painfully so sometimes - I could really use some sunshine if you know what I mean.

I've been afraid of obesity for my whole life.

I'm considered obese, but not morbidly.

My mother's mother didn't like fat people. She would make snarky, disdainful comments about a person's weight. She liked them if they were thin. She did not if they were fat.  I've always wondered what made her that way.

My cousins used to call me 'Watermelon Belly.'

I did church service for 18 months when I was 21 years old, which is a whole other story, and I gained a lot of weight. The people there said that was a good thing.

I learned being fat or thin doesn't change who you are on the inside unless you let it.

I came home and lost it all and then some.

I was thin when I got married. That was 60 pounds ago.

That sounds pretty depressing, but I have to face my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment