Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lost Tooth

Lu lost her first tooth!

It was nothing if not dramatic and slightly traumatic for her!

She may never let me touch her mouth again.

Honest.

She's had the loose tooth for quite a while now and just didn't really want to deal with it.

The other tooth was coming in right behind it and coming in very crooked.

As I mentally tallied the dental bills in my head to fix it, and thought of her cute smile being all snaggle-toothey I decided I better get involved.

So last night I kind of forced the issue.

We tied dental floss around it way down around the very bottom where I knew we couldn't get it off too easily and put on some numb gum...

Then we started pulling left, pulling right, pulling down.

I also pushed in as much as I could without, you know, shoving my fist through her face.

Then she cried.

It wasn't the 'I'm really sad and I want this over' cry either.

It was more the 'Get this over with and I'm never doing this again, ever' cry.

I realized the floss just wasn't working.  By this time, she was bleeding which just added to her panic.

I got a fist full of toilet paper and dried her mouth out as much as possible and then told her to just trust me and be brave.  I grabbed her tooth with my tp covered fingers and held on tight.

Thankfully it came out.

She looked at me with her big crocodile tears and blood/spit dripping off her lip and smiled.

I hugged her big and told her I was so proud of her.

She showed Hub, J and T once.  That was it and if they weren't looking, tough for them because she wasn't about to open that mouth of hers again.

That's my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment