Thursday, November 14, 2013

Today I choose...

not to stress out over things I have no control over.

My car is broke.  Wouldn't start this morning.  I would like to drive it off a cliff, except that it's paid for and usually gets me from point A to point B reasonably well.  Except when it won't start.  Like this morning.

Thank heavens for Mom-friends that I can call for rides.

I also choose not to stress and worry over choices my kids make.  I need to breathe and remember it's all going to work out ok.  They're allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.

Dang, that's hard to remember.

I also choose to hope for the best with Hub's football team.  They play a big, (HUGE) game tomorrow and I want them to win soooo bad.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have an anxiety attack before the day is over.

I need to breathe.

They are wonderful players.  They've been coached well.  They are good, talented, hard working, bright, determined boys.  The positive that has come from this season far outweighs any bad, if you can even call it that.  It's been a great year.

I can keep doing a good job at work.

I can hug my kids tight when I see them.

I can be thankful Hub is awesome at fixing things.

I can pray the boys will play their best tomorrow and make some good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment